Friday, April 8, 2011

My Daughter's Eyes


Martina McBride sings the most beautiful song about having daughters.

I have lots of daughters.

Often I am overwhelmed with listening to them all, making it fair, clothing them, doing hair, organizing all their stuff...

I imagine it will even get more challenging.

Anyways, this song brings me to tears every time I hear it.
I have all these cute photos that the kids have snapped over the last few days so I thought I'd lump them all together with a very nice song that speaks to my "mother's heart":)


In My Daughter's Eyes

In my daughter's eyes, I am a hero.
I am strong and wise,
And I know no fear.
But the truth is plain to see:
She was sent to rescue me,
I see who I wanna be, in my daughter's eyes.



In my daughter's eyes, everyone is equal,
Darkness turns to light,
And the world is at peace.
This miracle God gave to me,
Gives me strength when I am weak.
I find reason to believe, in my daughter's eyes.




And when she wraps her hand around my finger,
Oh, it puts a smile in my heart.
Everything becomes a little clearer.
I realise what life is all about.
It's hanging on when your heart has had enough;
It's giving more when you feel like giving up.
I've seen the light: it's in my daughter's eyes





In my daughter's eyes, I can see the future.
A reflection of who I am,
And what will be.
And though she'll grow and, some day, leave:
Maybe raise a family,
When I'm gone, I hope you'll see,
How happy she made me,
For I'll be there, in my daughter's eyes.






Loving my newest girl.  Completely soaking in the hours that I have gotten to spend alone with her over this past week.  We are just getting to know one another right now, I can't wait to see her own little personality unfold!

1 comment:

Bev said...

Beautiful, Colleen! Exactly how I feel when I look into your eyes!