Saturday, February 19, 2011

Accountable

It's gone on long enough. 

I do school, I do meals, I drive to activities, I go grocery shopping, I am a wife, I am a mom.  I spend a good portion of every day tidying up the main part of the house.
Putting away the same things over
and over
and over
and over
again. 

At the end of the day, when small people are going to sleep, my brain is spinning with the things I have been planning to do during these hours.  The things that I need to get done or maybe want to get done.  Problem is, by this time in the day, all I want to do is sit
and put my feet up,
do nothing,
and enjoy the silence.

So this is my excuse for how my room ends up looking like this:


and even worse, THIS:


This is not a photo from the show "Hoarders".

It is the forgotten pile, the neglected corner.  The junk drawer turned shelf turned insurmountable problem that nags at the back of my mind daily.  It is what defeats me before my feet hit the floor in the morning.  The first thing I see.

For all the nice things people say about how creative I am or how I manage to do it all, this is what pops into my head...what you can't see.

I can't handle the pile anymore and even if I could, I have a baby coming in about a month and this corner is where the baby cradle belongs.

How can I possibly nest with this mess festering in the corner???

Today that is going to change.  
{once I am done procrastinating on this here blog}
You are keeping me accountable.
I shared the before pictures.
{something I never do, 
I usually shove any type of mess or imperfections out of the photos 
before I snap}

Now I have to tackle my nemesis once and for all.


I have no excuses.

Look at the open shelving in the guest room downstairs!


Look at this gorgeous table and available bookshelf just waiting to be used as a craft corner!!

Lucky girl!




Here I go.
Wish me luck and keep asking to see the finished product until I post the photos!
I need your help!

5 comments:

Grandpa Russ said...

And the current status at three in the afternoon is???

Love,
Dad

April Martin said...

Im right there with ya ... I've had people SHOCKED to see me frazzled or upset and admit that they thought I kept it together "perfectly" 100% of the time ... ohhh nooo friends, far from it .... we are all just real people Colleen xoxo and my room looks very similar to yours :)

H-Mama said...

i could make you feel so much better about your pix right now... if only i had the energy to post them. it's my goal to tackle the 'hoarder' piles in my house this year! ;)

yay for a new baby... all of your kids are such cuties!

Bev said...

Go, girl, go!!! I support you in you commitment to tackle the dreaded corner...how did it go today?

Holly said...

We ALL have our messy corner....uh..hmm...ROOM! Ha! As a mommy it never ends! So put those feet up and relax busy mama!