Monday, May 30, 2011

A Party For Me??


Today I was treated to an afternoon out for lunch with Mike.  We also went to the mall to get me a little something and to my favourite french pastry shop for a treat.  It was an awesome afternoon!

When we got home I was greeted by all the kids.  They threw a boa around my neck and a crown on my head.  Cait said "mommy's party" as we walked up the stairs to the whole family yelling "surprise!".

My girls pulled off the loveliest party.  Here are my favourite details...


Adorable cupcakes, made by Tammy an hour before the party...in my kitchen, without notice.  She's amazing.


Cute place cards in glass slippers, fun color scheme, perfectly set table.

Grandma Bev was in cahoots with the girls, they collaborated for a few weeks.



My favourite things:

oranges
cheese sticks
boccocini salad
twix bars

Wow, I was amazed that my kids knew all this about me, remembered and made sure all those things were there!



The party planners and some lovely decor.


Beautiful presentation of some of the fixings for taco salad.


Present time!


The girls picked my outfit for my date with Mike...but they were thinking ahead to be sure I matched my party.
Wow, are they trained or what?!?!?


Grams won the game!!



Lovely party guests.


Reading a card with Cait.

I was really touched with all the work and planning that my kids did to make a special day for me.  They are so thoughtful.

I was also impressed with how much they accomplished to pull this event off.  They cleaned the house, they got the food ready {with a little aunty help}, they made cards and helped Caleb and Cait make cards too.  They were so cute and proud and excited today.  I am so so thankful for the fun and excitement that they bring to my life!

33 years old on May 31.
I have more than I ever dreamed.
I am blessed and thankful!

4 comments:

Jill Macknicki said...

How sweet! Happy 33rd birthday!

Obwald Family said...

wow, love the details. the girls have had plenty of party training. so glad that you were blessed with a super cute party too!

Christa Wiens said...

How special, Colleen! I am reminded of Proverbs 31: "Her children arise and call her blessed."

Anonymous said...

Hey this can be a actual cool web site

Look into my web-site; i'm having trouble getting pregnant